Ag Choice Compost Program
Ag Choice’s Compost Program enables businesses to save money, help the environment, and keep food waste out of landfills and incinerators. Reducing the amount of food waste going into landfills, and composting food waste locally creates a finished product that is sustainable, responsible and can be used as an organic soil amendment.
Organic waste decaying in landfills has a negative impact both environmentally and economically. The mixture of gases that are generated in a landfill are hazardous to humans, animals and the environment and are often contaminated, sometimes by heavy metals like mercury. Economically, reducing the amount of food waste in landfills lowers the cost of maintaining a landfill site thus making it smaller, easier to maintain, and less polluting.
Ag Choice will work with an existing hauler or place proprietary containers or van trailers on-site. Please refer to How The Programs Work to learn more.
Compost Program Highlights:
- Ag Choice will work with an existing hauler, provide collection services or place containers or van trailers on-site. Please refer to How The Programs Work to learn more.
- Many waste materials are accepted and composted into an organic soil amendment.
- All items must be de-packaged. No plastic containers or wrappers.
- No cardboard, including waxed cardboard.
- Ag Choice can provide de-packaging services for an additional fee.